Sunday, February 13, 2011

Latest Compendium of Curiosities Challenge!!!

So, I made it in time!!  I used Tim's bird and cage die to create this wall hanging. I also used one of his stamps and some rhinestones.  The background is handmade paper (it's really so beautiful)... The title is ...know why the caged bird sings... deliberately, because if you don't then you really need to read Maya Angelou's incredible autobiographical poem, "I know why the caged bird sings."  It will take your breath away, and in some very small measure I guess I hope my version will as well...

I do apologize for the poor quality of my image.  My cell phone just doesn't have a zoom, why not???

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Willow! Love the wings at the top of the caged bird. My caged bird does not sing, but is loud! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! Love your bird and cage and the beautiful writing....and the wings. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, Willow! I love this card-- the big purple wings behind the bird cage are FABULOUS! The rusted enamel technique is perfect for the birdcage, and the handmade paper really is lovely.

    Isn't Maya Angelou amazing?! I love her.

    ReplyDelete